Sunday, October 25, 2009

Distractions


Yes, even a time-oriented, organized artist like me can get distracted. It is hard to get back to the easel when this is what I see out my window. I first heard the turkeys. Seems they found the apples which had fallen from our tree. As they pecked at the apples, sometimes their beak would get caught deep inside and they had to flip up their heads to free themselves.

Of course, this meant the apple went flying. (particularly amusing when the apple then hit another turkey.) The other turkey would then start into the apple while the first turkey went to claim the wandering fruit. Before long, there were 7 turkeys and about 5 apples in the air.

Well, all the commotion attracted the deer. A young buck, doe, and fawn wandered over and yes, found the apples tasty. OK, now we had turkeys and deer all vying for apples in various stages of elevation.

Yeah, I get distracted.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, at least they are very cool distractions!

Peter Brown said...

Once the breakfast dishes have been washed and put away, the kitchen bench becomes my "studio". If I crane my neck, I can see over the adjacent fence to a sea of suburban rooftops. Oh, for distractions such as yours!

naturegirl said...

I know exactly where this is!!!! I have seen them there!