Monday, August 2, 2010

103

This is my 103rd blog.....and counting.

I was encouraged to start blogging by artist Terry Miller. (check out the link under LINKS to his blog. His work is awesome and his blog informative and insightful.) Not knowing what to expect or write, I plunged in. Another artist Ray Brown (who also does wonderful graphite work) told me months later I NEEDED to blog more often. He was absolutely right. Since then, I have tried to post something at least once a week.

While I have strived to be informative and interesting in my posts, I have found I have learned some things about my work while I have shared my process with you.
1.) I am more flexible in the midst of a painting than I thought I was. If something isn't working, I am willing to abandon it.
2.) Taking photos of paintings in progress encourages me to look more critically at a piece. I will do this more often even if it is not a painting I plan to post.
3.) I am looser AND tighter in style than I envisioned. Depending on the painting, I will lean toward one style or the other.

There are surely more things I have learned and maybe I will spend the next 100 posts figuring them out.

In the mean time, I hope you have enjoyed visiting this blog. I plan to keep sharing my thoughts and painting process. In celebration of passing the 100 mark for posted blogs, I have changed the look of the blog.

2 comments:

Terry Miller said...

Streamers, confetti, hoop-la! Celebration! Has it really been that many posts? My how time flies. Glad you started, glad you continue, glad you are part of it all!

Erik van Elven said...

I like the new look Linda.
And you're right, blogging about your art forces you to think more about the painting and often gives you new insights or a new direction. Keep them coming!