Friday, October 26, 2012

A New Brush

Leap
Original Oil
4.5" X 9.5"

Painting stripes and spots are a challenge. Zebra, tiger, giraffe, leopard, and cheetah pieces seem to take so much longer to complete. Here I decided to go crazy and do a miniature with stripes. However, I did make a stop at an art supply store and bought some fresh teeny-tiny brushes.

WOW! Not having to repaint sections because of the brush's frayed ends actually made working on the stripes....fun! Why I don't buy new brushes more often is beyond me. Much of the tiny detail in this piece was done with one brush and it cost $2.99.

The tiger is first in a group of small pieces which will be joining some larger pieces for the Waterfowl Festival in Easton, Maryland. November 9th - 11th, Easton will be one hopping town with paintings, sculpture, decoys, duck calling, dog trials, carvings raptor demonstrations and of course music and great food.

My work will be hanging in the Armory and I'll be there the entire weekend. For all the details on an event not to be missed, see www.waterfowlfestival.org.  I hope to see you there.

2 comments:

Marc Calvo said...

Other impressionist like picture!.In certain sense, this tiger looks like the south chinese tiger (Panthera tigris amoyensis).

hmuxo said...

This is beautifully painted!!! It's so hard to believe its on such a small canvas...congratulations.