Sunday, February 3, 2013

Adding the pheasant

Usually I begin with the background. Since I wanted to work on this piece at my last show, I thought working in the center would be better with my easel set-up. That way I would have a dry area on which to rest my hand.
Now home, I painted the pheasant and worked on the rest of the dog.


I have a confession. I hate painting snow. Well, hate may be a bit strong, but I find snow particularly challenging. However, I love painting water and find it easy. For this snow piece, I am going to "pretend" that it is just cold water. Below is the beginnings of my "cold water."
The white "water" is titanium white with a touch of cadmium yellow deep and the shadow "water" is cobalt blue and cadmium red deep with titanium white.

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

This is going to be beautiful..the dog is perfect as well as the pheasant.

Linda Besse said...

Thanks for the encouragement!