Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Stretching

One of the things I enjoy most about doing shows is seeing and spending time with my fellow artists. They are a generous group and my artistic side is refreshed and inspired by them and their work.

An artist I particularly admire, Matthew Hillier, said something very nice about my work during the recent Waterfowl Festival in Easton, Maryland. He said it was not formulaic. Elaborating, Matthew said I don't pick one idea and keep doing it over again. I try new things and the paintings seem real because I have been there and seen it. His words meant a lot to me and I hope I can live up to his generous comments.

Here I am stretching. This may be the most difficult painting I have tackled to date. It is 24" X 20" and I am glad it is not any smaller. To make it feel less daunting, I am moving around the painting and doing small sections. Once I work through the painting this way, I will look at it as a whole.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

This is going to be another masterpiece! I look forward to your next post!! Spectacular already!!