Saturday, November 24, 2012

More Cathedral

Back to working on my cathedral piece.
Since my last post on it, I have painted the center ceiling section and darkened the arches between the two stained glass sections. (I thought it would be fun to save them for last.)

The most background ceiling section (the lowest in the painting), was particularly tricky. I want to have that feeling of light shining in through the upper windows and also some of the color of the upper stained glass window reflecting on the sides. If you look closely, you will see some bright orange and reds.

Next up were the columns. They just aren't something I can rush. Their bases will be painted when I work on the floor.

1 comment:

hmuxo said...

You did a lot since the last one...glad you're taking your time because this is going to be an amazing piece!!