Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The Next Painting

I knew exactly what I wanted to paint next. After thinking about it on our drive home from the  Las Vegas show, I could clearly see it in my mind. Thinking of the gaps to fill from the last show's sales, it was an obvious choice to get this one ready for my upcoming show in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
After spending hours reviewing my reference and working out various compositions, it just wasn't working. Well, I had a second idea which I liked just as well. Nope, that didn't pan out either. Neither did the 3rd or 4th.
Time to take a break. This is when I ask myself the most important question, "If I could paint any subject in the world, what would it be?" The answer did not take long. (Of course I could have saved myself quite a bit of time if I had not been so stubborn hanging on to my first idea.)

Below is the start of the "next" painting.



No comments: