Friday, May 8, 2009

Gobble, Gobble

Photo by Linda, May 8th, 2009
Spring has definately arrived. Every afternoon, I have a couple toms strutting about my yard. Some of them are quite big (for those turkey enthusiasts, our wild turkeys in upper eastern Washington are Merriam's.) They display their fans and parade around in front of the numerous hens ...........which completely ignore them. Even though their gobbling draws me outside away from my painting to watch the spectacle, it is worth every minute.

This last weekend at a show in Fallbrook CA (Reflections of Nature), an artist told me that I don't blog enough. (Thanks, Ray.) So, starting now, I will be making a concerted effort to be more interesting so I have something to say more often. Maybe a little more than once a week.

Ripples - River Otter

Original Oil by Linda Besse
9.75" X 16"

No comments: