Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Laumeister Fine Art Competition

Held at the Bennington Center for the Arts, Bennington, VT, this show was judged by internationally recognized artist Albert Handell.
What an honor to have my painting, Leaving the Harbor, juried in. The show runs from September 19th - November 29th, 2009.

When I saw this fishing boat leaving the harbor in the late afternoon, it had such a nostalgic feel. The nets, the warm sun on the deck, the rigging, all the contributed to a sense of timeless purpose. Men gathering bounty from the sea.

ORIGINAL OIL
13" X 20"
$2450.

The subject matter is a bit of a departure for me, but every now and then, I feel called to do something different. (I have noticed that most non-wildlife pieces I paint include some aspect of water.)

1 comment:

Terry Miller said...

What a very fine piece, Linda. I missed the deadline for entries .... phooey! But, hope your piece will receive applause!