Saturday, October 31, 2009

Completed Painting

Good Day of Hunting
11" X 16.5"
Original Oil

The sage foreground was finally dry enough so I could scan the painting. Small adjustments to the background and some overall "little touch here and there" was all I think the painting needed.
.
This painting is one of 20 original oil paintings going to The Waterfowl Festival in Easton, Maryland. The show runs Nov. 13th - 15th. (Special preview night Nov. 12th.)
.
Tomorrow is "packing day." Or, I could say, "puzzle day." What is the most efficient use of volume and weight? You have 14 wooden crates of various sizes. Twenty paintings and some prints. You want to ship the fewest number of boxes to limit the weight from the wooden crates, but, if the boxes are too big, you are charged extra for dimensional weight. Oh yeah, and each layer of paintings must be totally flat so the next layer of paintings does not torque in shipping and crack the frames. And you have one afternoon to figure this out.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Erik van Elven said...

Nice finish. Hope the packing went well.

naturegirl said...

Looks great! I can't wait to see it in person.
John and I played puzzle last night packing paintings...whew. Now I just bite my nails until they arrive safely. I wish I had more oils than pastels this year, they are so much easier to ship.
Have a safe trip out there and we will see you soon.