Monday, June 10, 2013

Final Touches


With the main part of the painting complete, all that is left to paint is the top and bottom 1/2" which have been covered by the modified easel railing. I moved the piece to my side table and propped it up on my large drawing board.

Above you can see my palette as I work on the top edge of the painting. Next is the bottom edge and the signature. When it comes to signing a painting, I try to keep my signature light and relatively small. I find a large garish signature can throw off the balance of a painting and distract from the illusion of "being there" which the artist is trying to create.

As for showing you the finished painting, you will have to be patient. I'll be posting it once it is scanned, sometime near the beginning of July. At that time I will also reveal the title. Thank you for following along as I worked on this 2014 SCI Foundation Conservation Artist of the Year painting. It will be auctioned at the SCI Convention in Las Vegas next February.

Now it is time to work on painting ideas. You probably won't be surprised that I will be thinking small for the first several paintings.

1 comment:

Marc Calvo said...

I waiting that you hang the result of this espectacular picture Bese!.This is the style that i love, spectacular pictures of a big format,the problem is that this tipe of works need much cocentration and daily timetable work!.