Friday, February 5, 2021

Sunset

   Sunset inspired this painting.

  To take me around, I was fortunate enough to have a private guide associated with the Pryor Mountain Mustang Center and the Wild Horse Foundation who knew the name of every horse and to which stallion band it belonged. We took a small ATV to the general area of the horses and then starting hiking. My first glimpse of a small herd among trees took my breath away - and it was like that the rest of the trip!

   We had a perfect ending to the day. The very last vestiges of the sun were present and lighting the whole area with a rich orange glow. The color on several red bay stallions was amplified.  After an 11-hour day with these magnificent horses, this was more than I could have hoped for.


 

quick cellphone photos of the painting in progress


No comments: