Thursday, January 5, 2023

New in progress painting

 Happy New Year!

Time for an African piece. 
After I did my usual light yellow ochre turpentine wash all over the board, I decided to go back in and do a heavier wash on the dark zebra stripes. The heavier wash will show through in various spots on the painting which will enliven the look of the piece. I must admit I was tempted to change my entire idea of the painting and just paint this much as an abstract zebra piece. However, I think this particular painting will work better fully painted. But, I wouldn't be surprised if I use the abstract partial painting idea sometime in the future.
Below is the heavier turpentine wash on all of the stripes. This will take several days to dry.



No comments: