Monday, November 6, 2023

Close to Home

 While many of my subjects can be continents away, often my own backyard is inspiration for a painting.
The background for this painting is inspired by the trees and hillsides off my living room deck.

This is a rather complicated setting and rather than focus on one section of the painting or work from my usual top down, background to foreground, I am taking a different approach.
 


I started with the rightmost boughs which are closet to the viewer and will have the most detail. 



Most of the shadowed snow is done (though I keep tweaking it) and before I add the far background and the sunlit snow I am playing with the pine needles.
The upper left snow just down from the top is more of a blue/teal than a blue/purple. The sun is coming from this direction.



 

No comments: