Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year

I hope you are having a wonderful start to the New Year!


O Canada
Original Oil
32" X 44"

With all the holiday festivities, I still was able to find time to complete this polar bear painting. While working on it, the title popped into my head. Titles can be a challenge. I have seen titles ranging from the lame Untitled #7 or Dog III to titles that leave you scratching your head with their verbage, Existential Denial of Karmic Hubris. (well, I made up that last one but you get the idea.)

The title of this piece is a nod to Canada's National Anthem. The painting's location is the iconic Canadian Shield rocks around Churchill, Manitoba. I saw the polar bear 60 km north in a remote camp, but I asked him nicely if he wouldn't mind moving south to be in the piece.


Stay tuned for a very special post on Friday!

3 comments:

Peter Brown said...

I've enjoyed watching this one come together Lynda. You've set the bar very high so early in the new year!

Linda Besse said...

Thanks Peter!

Linda Besse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.