Friday, January 8, 2021

The Shop

 

 
The full text of the blue banner above this shop in Genoa is Bio - Soziglia
When I sealed my drawing with a turpentine wash, most of the wash was with raw sienna. For the inside of the shop, I used radiant yellow for the upper part of the wash and moved to a cadmium orange in the lower section. I am using the intensity of the wash to create a warm hot spot in the painting.


 
The walls under the banner were too light did not have the warmth I wanted so I have darkened them.


This painting will take a while with all the details. The different textures are intriguing to paint. Sometimes it is difficult to know where to start on a piece like this. I opted to work on the structural elements and supports before painting the contents of the boxes.


No comments: