Saturday, September 21, 2024

Signature Member NOAPS

 I have received Signature Member status in the National Oil & Acrylic Painters Society.

My road to signature member status started in the spring of 2020. I saw an open international online competition with NOAPS. Since I didn't have to be a member I thought why not enter. I wasn't paying attention to the date when one hears if her piece is accepted and was surprised when I received an email congratulating me from an artist who I did not know.

That was quite nice of him and so obviously I got in. Wondering who I knew who was accepted I had to wait a few hours until I could check out the details on the NOAPS web site. To my surprise, my painting Ice Bear had won Best in Show! So that was why the artist emailed me.

 

  Ice Bear

 
It wasn't long before I spent more time on the NOAPS web site. The quality of art was impressive and varied - this is an organization I wanted to be part of and I became a member. I have been accepted in to their shows since, both gallery Best of America shows and online ones and received:
Award of Merit, Best of America Small Works 2024
Award of Excellence, Spring Online 2022
Award of Merit, Fall Online 2021

If you haven't perused the National Oil & Acrylic Painters Society web site, take a look.

https://www.noaps.org/

 

My painting Squabble of three roseate spoonbills is in the National Oil & Acrylic Painters Society Best of America 2024 show at the Beverly McNeil Gallery in Birmingham, Alabama. The show runs October 10 - November 9, 2024
 

Squabble



No comments: