Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Shore to Shore & Big News!

 Trips this late spring and summer took me from one end of the United States to the other. Starting with our most southern state Hawaii, I had a chance to explore below the water's surface. In addition to spending time snorkeling with turtles I also did a night snorkel with manta rays and watched their graceful feeding summersaults. An upcoming post will showcase a painting inspired by one morning's encounter with turtles.

After Hawaii I had a brief stay at home before I headed to Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, an island off one of our most eastern states. My time here was spent above the water's surface though close to it with a bit of sailing. I've already completed two paintings inspired from this trip. 

 

BIG NEWS!
I have been juried as a new Signature Member of the American Society of Marine Artists! It is an honor to be part of this group which showcases breathtaking works of art.
Check out their website at: www.americanmarineartists.com

And, my painting Dry Docked received the Director's Choice Award at the 28th Annual Maritime Art Exhibit at the Coos Art Museum, Coos Bay, Oregon. The show runs July 9 - September 24, 2022.

 

Dry Docked
25" X 18"
Oil



No comments: