Saturday, June 17, 2023

More Water

 
 
I must admit that working on the top of this piece took some additional effort. While it might seem like the easiest part of the water, I find it one of the more difficult sections. 

  It has to be less defined than the middle or foreground. After working on some exciting features in the middle ground I find I have to rein in my strokes, colors, and wave definition, yet still hold the viewer's interest and have it read "wet."
 There were several passages I had to keep blending so they didn't draw one's attention too much. Sometimes that meant they went from too defined to boring to strange to just right. These are places I keep my eyes on as I continue to work with the water. 
 
 

 This part of the water I was really excited to get to. The introduction of some vibrant colors and the complicated water and reflections are what drew me to the painting concept.
 
 

No comments: